I actually did two cards using this technique (you can keep scrolling for the second one) but I wasn't liking how the first one turned out. I didn't like how the black lines looked for my border. As I was scrolling through the other entries I spotted one that had embossed lines for the border. (I was in such a rush that I forgot to see whose it was, sorry.) I liked how clean that looked so I decided to try it for this second attempt and I like it much better! :) Thank you anonymous. (I am so mad I forgot to write down the blog so I could link it!)
And a side view... I popped up the whole panel. :) I used Mini Mendhi Medallions and True Black-Aqua Mist-Summer Sunrise-Fine Linen for the ink. I also used Egg Plant from Tsukineko.
The sentiment is from the Movers and Shakers stamp set and is inked up with True Black.
Here was my first attempt...
I like it, but I think the black lines sort of cut it off too abruptly...or something...I can't quite put my finger on it. :)
Same products except instead of using Stamper's Select White for the base I originally used Summer Sunrise card stock. :)
Well, thanks for looking. I really like this technique and I'm hoping to use it a lot more in the future. I would love to hear your thoughts so please leave a comment if you wish. :)