Saturday, January 28, 2012

Brand New

Ok, so I'm a complete novice when it comes to this blogging stuff...I am going to try my best. ;)
I will try and post everyday, but odds are it's going to be every other day or so.
I promised if I got 15 people to like my "creating a blog" status on Facebook that I would create one, and start by showing the things that I am making for my son Zachary's 2nd birthday. Well it happened! :) So here goes... ;)


Excuse the toes ;) they are mine, ha ha! This is the first in a series of banners I made to hang (somewhere) in the house for Zac's party. This one is obviously the HAPPY in Happy birthday.

I used red, black, and white card stock from Recollections (Michael's brand) for the triangle banner shape, the rosette, the scallop in the middle, and the letters. I used my Cricut Expression to cut everything. (I LOVE my Cricut!) The letters were cut with the Cricut Classic Font cartridge and the banner shape was cut with the Calligraphy cartridge. I used my paper trimmer to cut an 8.5x11 piece of red card stock into 1.5 inch strips (long ways) then used my Martha Stewart scoring board to score every .5in and then accordion folded the strips. I glued two strips end to end and then together in a circle and pressed them flat to create the rosette. I used the layering scallop punch by EK Success for the scallop circle in the middle.

The Lightening McQueen and World of Cars images were also cut with my Cricut using the Disney Cars cartridge that my wonderful Mother-in-Law got me for Christmas. :)

Here are the rest of the banners. Put together they say "Happy 2nd Birthday Zachary."










Hope you like it. :) As I put together more decorations for the party I will post them here, and of course I will post pics from the party itself. :) Thanks for playing along! Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment