Monday, January 30, 2012

Love

So I made this card for the Clean and Simple stamping challenge (http://cleanandsimplestamping.blogspot.com/)
I am obsessed with their sketches plus I have found a TON of crafting blogs that I like to follow from this blog. I just like the idea of clean and simple. Although I do love the intricate layering and tons of embellishing look to some cards (they are extremely pretty to look at) I'm just not very good at that style. In fact, I suck at it. :) So when I found this blog I was in heaven, just my style! :) Here is the sketch...
Clean, simple, and pretty right? So here is the card I came up with...
The patterned paper is from the Recollections Seasonal stack. The stamp is Studio G ($0.97 at Wal Mart! Yay!) The card stock, including the base of the card itself, is also Recollections.

I used my Making Memories Slice and the Basic 1 card that came with it to cut the hearts (at 1 1/2 I think.) I embossed the stamp with three different colors of embossing powder (copper, purple, and green) then I fussy cut them out and used Elmer's Craft glue dots to adhere them to the hearts. I used Scotch brand pop up foam squares to give the hearts a 3-D effect. I love these foam squares because they go flat so you can put the card in an envelope and then pop back up when the recipient takes the card out of the envelope. :)
I used my Making Memories Slice again, this time with the Words and Expressions Holiday card to cut out the word love. I rolled the die cut through my little Xyron Sticker maker and adhered it to the top corner of the card. :)
So that's my card project for the Clean and Simple Stamping Challenge. Hope you like it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment