Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Party Prizes

Ok, so I started this blog by showing the banners I made for Zachary's birthday and I promised that when I got more things finished for his birthday that I would post them. While I'm not done with them yet, (I've got 16 more to go!) these are the "ribbons" for the winners of the games. I'm also toying with the idea of putting them in the goody bags or decorating the goody bags with them. I also still need to go the craft store and get some pins so they can attach to the recipients shirt. :)
These are the supplies to make one ribbon or medal or whatever you want to call it :) I cut the "Piston Cup" with my Cricut Expression using the Disney Cars cartridge. I punched the scallops using my EK Success scallop layering punch. I cut the red strips from an 8.5x11 piece of Recollections card stock long ways at 3/4in. and then cut the strip in half and cut a triangle out of the bottoms. I cut the black strips (also Recollections card stock) and 2in. and edge punched them with my Martha Stewart Zig Zag edge puncher. I scored at every 1/2 in.



I accordion folded the black strips.
Then I glued the ends together with Aleene's tacky glue (my favorite for this kind of project) so that it makes a circle.
Then I laid it flat (edge punched side out) and used the big scallop to glue it flat. This will be the back.
I flipped it over and glued the small scallop to the center for added stability. Then I used Elmer's glue dots to adhere the Piston cup to the top.
I also used the glue dots to adhere the red "ribbons" to the back of the rosette.
As an after thought I used a fine tipped black Sharpie to add the "#1" and "Piston Cup." I like it better than when it was plain. :)

Here are the four I have finished. Hopefully I will get some more done during nap time tomorrow! :) Thanks for looking! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment