Monday, October 8, 2012

The Inside Edition ;)

Hello all. This weeks Make It Monday #86 is hosted by Ashley Cannon Newell (LOVE HER!) She has challenged us to dress up the inside of our cards as well as the outside. I've been thinking about this for some time now. I get so caught up on the outside of the card, I forget that people read what's on the INSIDE. Duh, right. Total goofball moment. So I am taking this challenge and I am going to run with it! From now on I am going to do a little dressing on the inside of my cards as well. (At least I am going to try to! Lol!) Here is my take...(the left side is the front of the card and the right side is what's on the inside.)

ChristmasCards

I usually forget about journaling cards...I don't know why...I guess I tend to make my own, but how awesome does this work to have one on the inside of a card?! I'm such a nut. I'm sure crafters have probably been doing this for ages now. ;)

I've been loving this trend I'm seeing of just a bit of patterned paper poking out of one side or the other of a card so I have decided to try it here. I'm also still loving the negative die cut trend. ;)

Hope you like it. I had fun making it and it was so simple! I'm thinking maybe some mass production for Christmas. ;)

I would love to hear your thoughts so please leave a comment if you wish. ;)

Supply List:
Cardstock: Recollections Kraft
DP: The Christmas and Winter Stack (2011) DCWV
Stamps: PTI Happiest of Holidays, Happy Harlequin, and Snow Globe (for the inside green stars)
Inks: PTI Scarlet Jewel, True Black, and New Leaf
Dies: PTI Mat Stack #4
Other: Foam Tape

4 comments:

  1. Great card. Looks like you have been going to town on Christmas Cards. I also want to start dressing up the inside of my cards. It really finishes them up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the negative die cut and the inside of your card is wonderful! I love that you did the journaling inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren, your reverse die cut worked perfectly. Great job. I wish we lived closer, I would love to teach you to sew! Let me know if you're ever stuck with something you're trying, I will answer as best I can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card - inside and out. The journalling card works really well on the inside.

    ReplyDelete