Sunday, February 19, 2012

Clean & Simple Challenge FTL #178

Good evening everyone! I've done a few more challenges...so there may be several posts tonight. ;) I am doing the Thank You cards from my sons birthday party. With all of the intricate detail, it's really hard to cut things from the Disney Cars cartridge small enough to fit on a card (and stay with the theme of the party) so I went with the idea to just stay with the color scheme of red black and white. ;)

First up is Clean & Simple FTL #178. I know I've said it before, but this is one of my very favorite sketch sites. ;) Here is the sketch...
And here is my take...I changed it up slightly by taking out the middle panel...
All the card stock and patterned paper are Recollections. The little stars are an old Fiskars punch and I cut the big star using my Making Memories Slice and the Noel card. The circle chain was cut with my Cricut Expression using the Elegant Edges cartridge and the border feature.
The stamp is a 97 cent bin find from Wal Mart. I embossed it with black powder. I used some old gel pens to make the faux stitching around the stars.

Well, thanks for looking, hope you like it. Feedback is always appreciated. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment