Friday, February 3, 2012

Specially For You

Last post of the night, as it is date night for me and hubby and I need to start getting me and the baby ready. ;) That, and he is starting to get bored with his cars. :)

This time I went over to Mojo Mondays blog and tried their sketch. I don't know where I got the notion but I decided to try a small 3x3 card for the one. Here is the sketch.
I opted for the square version...here is my take.
The patterned paper is old DCWV. I really like that background paper. I want to use more of it since it was a 12x12 sheet and I used less than a 3 in. square of it! :) The ribbon is American Crafts.
I used my Martha Stewart Layering Daisy punch for the flower and cut it out in pink and an orange-y pink card stock from Recollections (using up my scraps!) The bling in the center is from Darice.
The "specially for you" stamp is from my stash. I stamped it in pink ink and then added some clear embossing powder to give it some texture and shine. You can't really see that in the photos though. :( I used my EK Success Layering Scallop punch for the shape. I punched it once in an off white card stock (Recollections) and then the layer from the background paper.

I really like how this one came out and, surprisingly, I really liked working with the small 3x3 size. Thanks for looking! Now I've got to go get ready for my hot date! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment