Friday, February 24, 2012

Sketch Inspiration #308

Sketch Inspiration was the first sketch site that I ever uploaded too. :) I used to try and get my entry in every week, and I actually won once! I got the coolest sketch book from Memory Mania. :) Anyhoo, I haven't had the opportunity to play along in awhile. This week I've been on an energy kick (although I don't know where it's coming from because I haven't gotten much sleep lately...) so I got to try out the sketch this week. Here it is...
 
 Here is my take...
I actually love that background paper. It's DCWV Playtime stack. All the designs are done on Kraft paper which, if you haven't seen in my cards, is my favorite. :) I was intimidated to use this page at first because I didn't want to hide any of the original design, but with this sketch it was easy to show off my pics and the cute scene in the background, which just so happens to go with my pics. :) Love when that happens! :)
I cut the title out of Recollections card stock using my Making Memories Slice and the Mistletoe card. I love that font. :) The other patterned papers are also Recollections.
I used my own handwriting again for the journaling. It's a little crooked, but it's my own. :)
The border punch is old EK Success. The scallop and circle were cut with my Cricut using the Elegant Edges cartridge. That super cute little lizard was cut using my Slice and the Jungle card.
Here is a close up of that super cute and glittery flamingo who is also wearing sunglasses. :) 
 
This layout is about my son loving to ride around in his wagon. He LOVES to be outside, always has. The only problem is that we live in Texas and besides a super mild winter (it's February for crying out loud and it was 90 degrees yesterday!), we had a horribly hot summer with triple degree heat for 20+ days in a row and an awful drought which we still aren't completely recovered from even though we have had a lot of rain here lately. Normally Zachary hates to wear anything on his head or face, but on this particular day he wanted to wear his Bob Marley sunglasses, so I snapped a few pics. :) He is such a stinker and I love him more than air! :)


Hope you enjoyed the layout, feedback is always appreciated! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment