Saturday, February 4, 2012

Darling 12x12 Scrapbook Layout

Good morning! The hubby and I had an awesome date night last night. We had Chinese food which I have been craving for a long time. :) And the movie was way better than I thought it was going to be. :) Zachary had a fun sleepover with his NaNa, of course he didn't sleep much because he was too excited, but he had fun none the less. ;)

I have a quick scrapbook page to share with you this morning and then I am going to finish ALL of the decorations for Zac's 2nd birthday party next weekend...AAAHHH where did the time go?! My little boy is going to be 2! My goodness it goes fast.... Anyway, here is the sketch I used for the layout. :)

It's from Sketchy Thursdays. I'm so sad that this blog is shutting down. :( I love their clean and simple sketches. Here is what I came up with.
The patterned paper is DCWV and the blue and off white card stock is Recollections. The tan card stock is Bazzill.
I cut the little boat (isn't it adorable?) with my Slice using the Baby card. The strips of paper are edge punched with Fiskar's Apron Lace and EK Success Binder.
I used my Slice and the Baby card again to cut the title. The bling is Studio G.
The journaling tag I also cut with the Baby card. :)
One last look. :) I really like this layout. I'm starting to really embrace "negative" space. :) I was getting very frustrated trying to make my pages massively layered with a ton of embellishments. I love that style, but my eye just doesn't see how to do it when I start on my own work. But now I'm embracing my clean and simple style and I am MUCH happier with my end results. :)

Thanks for looking, and feedback is appreciated! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment