Monday, February 13, 2012

Zachary's Party Festivities

So now that the after party fatigue is ebbing (we had an amazing time! What a great party!) I now have time to post pics! I am awful at taking action shots of the actual party bc I am always running around trying to make sure everyone is having a good time, but luckily my father in law is good at that so you will get to see some fun things Zac was doing! :)
First off, this was Zac's big present from Mommy and Daddy. ;) His cousins have a trampoline and he absolutely loved it so we decided the he (and we;) needed one. He LOVES it!
These are shots of the table. It wasn't completely set up yet, but you get the idea. :)
This is the cake. Because we were in a rush we didn't even out the layers and plus the humidity here is ridiculous, so the cake developed a "sink hole" in the middle. It was fine though because as you'll see later, Zachary didn't care! :) By the way the cake is double layer triple chocolate with chocolate frosting and the white is actually marshmallow creme. The trucks I got at Wal Mart, .97 for 4. ;)
These are yummy Nutella Rice Crispie Treats. I found the recipe on Pinterest. In fact all of the recipes (except the cake and ranch dip) came from Pinterest. I wish I could take credit for coming up with all this cool stuff, but I can't. ;)  I bought some lollipop sticks at Wal Mart, and I had some star mold trays that my Mom and Aunt got me for Christmas. I put the lollipop sticks in the mold then pushed the Rice Crispie treats into the mold around the stick. They were pretty delicious and there were none left! :)
This is the easiest recipe known to man, and it is super delicious! It's a smore on a stick! I took the lollipop sticks again pushed a big marshmallow on top, dipped it in melted chocolate, then rolled it in crushed graham crackers. So easy and so good. ;) My Father in law said the only thing that could make it better would be to use a chocolate marshmallow! (He and Zachary and I all have a chocolate thing!) They kind of look like pistons in an engine huh? ;)
These are the dipsticks! Another cool and super easy treat. Pretzels sticks dipped in melted chocolate. That's it, and also super delicious! ;)
Spare tires! I didn't even have to make these! They are Little Debbie Grab and Go Chocolate covered donuts! :)
These are the stop light cookies! The original Pinterest recipe called for this complicated cookie recipe, and I thought hey why not just sugar cookies? Then my Mother in Law said, why not graham crackers? Then I said graham crackers with Nutella instead of chocolate frosting! So we used the graham crackers, Nutella and some regular M&M's and some peanut butter M&M's bc there were not enough red ones in the regular pack. ;)
These are the ice cream cone cupcakes. We need to perfect our technique on this one...some of the cones fell over and all the batter came out, and some sprung a leak...we'll get it eventually though. ;) They were really good and there weren't any wrappers laying anywhere! ;)

Now on to the decorations...yeah this is long picture filled post. ;)
This is the sign everyone saw when they walked into the house. I cut all the Cars and the "Radiator Springs" saying with my Cricut using the Disney Cars cartridge. The other letters were cut using the Cricut Classic Font Cartridge. It took forever, but I'm happy with how it turned out. ;)




This is where the banners ended up. :) I also cut a bunch of road signs again using my Cricut and the Disney Cars cartridge and hung them from the ceiling all over the house. PS: Those two ladies in the picture of all three banners are my Mom and Aunt Mary Sue. The chopped off head in the last pic is my sweet Hubby. I'm not the best photog, but there ya go. ;)

Along with the signs I cut out my Mother in Law bought a few Cars things from the store to hang up and set out. :)

Now for some pics of Zac and his cousins enjoying the trampoline and eating cake! :)







Hope you enjoyed the pics, we really had a wonderful day! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment