Wednesday, August 1, 2012

CASology #4

I've tried to play along with CASology since it first started and haven't been able to...til this week. ;) I was pondering an pondering this cue card...

 And last night I had an epiphany. ;)
 I was thinking about my stamp sets and what I could use to make bird cages and what stamps I had that were birds...and this card just kind of fell together. I love it when that happens! :)
 This sentiment is actually one stamp. I just used some creative masking with Scotch tape. :)
I also used the Dress Form stamp with some creative masking so I could put the "bird cages" on a stand. 
I'm really quite proud of myself for stepping outside my comfort zone. I am no good with the bird trend ;)

Hope you like it. I would love to hear your thoughts so please leave a comment if you wish.

Supply List:
PTI Stamps: Banner Builder, Grunge Me, Mat Stack 4 stamp set, Signature Series: Dress Form
PTI Ink: True Black, Smokey Shadow, Harvest Gold, Aqua Mist, Berry Sorbet
PTI Cardstock: Stamper's Select White

10 comments:

  1. Love those gorgeous colours and the polkadots! And the tied in sentiment! Great CAS card! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week! I look forward to seeing more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet bird cage and how incredibly creative. Thanks for joining us at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful, Lauren! I love how everything comes together...the lovely coloured bird cages and the matching coloured sentiments! Very clever! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cool! I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-31.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, wow, you did a super job of thinking outside the "cage"! I have those stamps and would never have thought to make those cool cages. Absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely - it works really with the paper piecing & silhouette stamping

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your masking has really worked. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card- I love the coloured paper pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card- I love the coloured paper pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job with your masking and I love how you matched the sentiment colours to the images. Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete