Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Make It Monday #76

For Make It Monday for Papertrey Ink over on Nichole Heady's blog she revisited an old technique and added a new twist. Stamping with bleach and then stamping color over it! I was intimidated with the bleach at first...I was sure I was going to get it everywhere...lol. But I had an idea right as I was falling asleep last night...

 I wanted to make a starry night...
 I made the card base with Enchanted Evening card stock (I tried True Black but the bleach didn't work on it!) I stamped several different sizes of stars with the bleach and then I stamped a medium size star with Harvest Gold over the top of the large stars to try and give the effect of twinkling. I don't know that it worked the way I wanted it to, but the card is still ok.
To make the moon I used the second smallest circle in my Spellbinders circle nesties set and cut our a full circle with Harvest Gold card stock. Then I moved the die over a bit and cut out a little less than half so I could get a half moon. :)

Hope you like it. I would love to hear your thoughts so please leave a comment if you wish.


Supply List:
PTI Card stock: Enchanted Evening, Harvest Gold, Vintage Cream, Fine Linen pattern pack
PTI Stamps: Banner Builder, Mat Stack 4, Signature Series Dress Form, (the city scene is from my stash)
PTI dies: Banner Builder
Spellbinders dies: Circles Nestabilities
PTI Ink: Fine Linen, True Black, Harvest Gold
Other: Bleach

3 comments:

  1. Your card is stunning, Lauren. Love the bleach on that blue paper. You created a pretty night scene here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful! Such a great idea to add stars to the background of the city scape. The technique worked beautifully on the blue creating the golden stars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea and card Lauren!!! I love the effect of those bleached stars~ so dreamy!

    ReplyDelete